Protest NATO in Chicago
World Can’t Wait will be going out to the people during the week leading up to the NATO summit with the message that the people of thiscountry must resist and stop the crimes of ourgovernment and that Humanity and the Planet Come First! Join us that week as we go out with this urgent message and march with us on Sunday May 20th to Stop U.S. NATO crimes. Here’s where we’ll be and what we’ll be doing:
May 12 through 21
• World Can’t Wait will be presenting at the People’s Summit, co-sponsored by Occupy Chicago.
• Outreach to schools & communities here in Barack Obama’shometown, where people are being propagandized to welcome NATO as “humanitarian interveners”
• Orange jumpsuit contingents will expose NATO’s role in the U.S. torture-detention network
• Join the kNOw drones tour of parks and shopping areas.
• Join veterans of the U.S. wars on Iraq & Afghanistan visiting high schools to teach the youth about the human cost of wars.
Friday, May 18
• World Can’t Wait’s “International Voices for Humanity & the Planet” David Rovics headlines an evening of story, poetry, inspiration, resistance to U.S./NATO war crimes – plus a surprise performance by a rock band going acoustic. Sponsored by World Can’t Wait
7 pm, St. Luke’s Logan Square, 2649 N. Francisco, Chicago
Sunday, May 20
• 1st Day of NATO Summit
9 am – Anti-war Veterans March,
Grant Park at E. Balbo & Columbus Dr.
12 noon – Mass March: Say NO to NATO!
Meet at Petrillo Shell, Jackson Blvd & Columbus Dr., Chicago
Monday, May 21
• 2nd Day of NATO Summit
Occupy Chicago – Action in Formation
Sign up to find out about ALL the Chicago WCW actions:
Find us on Facebook Chicago World Can’t Wait • Twitter:@ChicagoWCW